The Copenhagen branch of Systema GB!
Systema is the way to restore physical, mental and emotional balance in your life. Sometimes you are faced with a situation that requires you to restore the balance for all the participants- this may involve physical contact.
In class we learn a set of self-awareness and self-control tools to allow us to restore the balance quickly- sometimes in seconds 🙂
You don't need to contact us unless you have specific question - just turn up at the class which is the most convenient for you. Most people arrive 5-10 minutes before the class begins - hope to see you soon!
Wear anything you are comfortable in. Most people wear tracksuit bottoms or shorts, t-shirt and trainers.
We make the following announcement in the beginning of almost every class:
- Please ask questions!
- Please do not do anything you don’t want to do! Sitting out drills is ok; doing the exercises at your level (not someone else’s) is expected.
- Please tell us if something hurts! Let us know of your injuries before the class, and please speak up if you are not feeling too great during the class.
- Please stop any time you want to stop!
- Please protect your training partner, as well as yourself, at all times!
- Please communicate with your training partners, don’t be a strong silent type. Ask your partner to turn things down or up, and to give you feedback on your movement- and be ready to provide feedback to your partner too!
- Please don’t break anything! We mean- anything- floor, walls, mirrors, your training partners, or yourselves! 🙂
All classes are 100kr a session or 250kr a month - which we think is a much better deal!
Newcomers are always welcome. Please come to the class a few minutes early and meet the group before the class gets started, and bring the Understanding the Risks form with you.
FREE NO RISK TRIAL 🙂
Instructor (Under David Kirillov) Sean G. Fields comes from a background of arts and science. He started training Systema under the instruction of Fabio Faravola in 2011 while doing his BSc and moved to London in 2014 to study the cognitive neuroscience of music and train under the instruction of David Kirillov at Systema GB. David and Sean quickly became good friends and Sean has since trained under the instruction of Mikhail Ryabko, Valentin Talanov, Val Rianzanov, Gafa Stamato, Alvaro Nascimento and attended instructor development courses in London and Russia. With the mind of a scientist and the soul of an artist, Sean likes to emphasize the scientific validity of Systema as an aide to being present and balanced in
Systema GB (est 2000) is the oldest continuously operating Russian Martial Art school in UK. We offer regular classes, specialist workshops, and private goal-specific tuition to individuals, groups, and corporate clients. Now also in Copenhagen.